Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Living Room

I have so many dear friends who have not gotten to visit me in my new home, yet. So, I decided to show a few pictures now and then of what you could expect to find here. Above is a dry sink that years ago my mother rescued from somebody's trash. She refinished it and eventually, I got it. I added the stencilling on the doors and the back splash. I love this piece of furniture. One thing you will notice in my home is that nothing really matches. It's all been given to us or rescued.

The dry sink sits in my living room and we use the inside for storing our cookbooks and some of our crafting supplies.

Below is the corner of our living room with the entertainment center. It was given to us by some very dear friends. They wanted a new one. Good for me.

The picture on the left side wall was left here in the house when we moved in. The candle sticks were bought at the Goodwill for $1.98 for the set. The wall art was made by moi and the Masai woman was purchased to sell in one of our booths but somebody knocked her over and broke her arm off. My mother glued it back. Then Amanda knocked her over again. Her arm broke off again. It was glued again. But I don't care, she's still pretty.

Now, in other news, be watching this blog, folks. On Monday, I will be participating in the "window mistreatment partay" that's going on over at The Nesting Place.

It promises to be a lot of fun. Later in the week, I will be giving away one of those "Baskets Full of Blessings" I have previously talked about. This will be also linked to from the Money Saving Mom website. It's going to be a great week.

Well, guess that's all for now. Thanks for your continued reading of the bits and pieces of my life.

Elizabeth

No comments: