Friday, August 1, 2008

The Three Little Kittens and then some

So, when I got home this morning from taking my handsome husband to work, I came up the steps to the house and found our three little kittens asleep on the table on the front porch. Not only were they sleeping there, but they had somehow managed to move the table to the middle of the porch away from the wall where it had been.

Then, this little guy decided to follow me around to the kitchen door and I noticed how colorful he was. Again. I was starting to think that he likes sidewalk chalk like most cats like catnip, but then.....
I happened upon Fiona. She had absolutely rolled in it. She was a lovely shade of blue-green on her usually shiny black coat. One front leg is completely green.

Poor, poor Fiona. Somebody drew pictures on the back porch in her favorite sleeping area. I am just glad to know there is nothing mentally wrong with the cat.



In other news, I read this amazing poem this morning in my devotional book, Streams in the Desert. I just thought I would share it with you. Something to think about over the weekend.
Be Strong!
We are not here to play, to dream, to drift;
We have hard work to do, and loads to lift.
Shun not the struggle; face it.
'Tis God's gift.
Be strong!
Say not the days are evil - who's to blame?
And fold the hands and acquiesce - O shame!
Stand up, speak out, and bravely,
In God's name.
Be strong!
It matters not how deep entrenched the wrong,
How hard the battle goes, the day how long,
Faint not, fight on!
Tomorrow comes the song.
---Maltbie D. Babcock.



No comments: