Friday, July 25, 2008

Baskets Full Part Two

After my last post on baskets and the blessings they are/bestow, I just had to show you all what came out of ONE ROW of green beans from our garden. Now, in all fairness, there were about 5 little wax peppers in the bottom of this basket. But there were enough beans from ONE ROW to feed the whole family twice. We put them in the sink to clean....

and then my big-helper-five-year-old, Evie, helped me to snap them and get them ready to cook.

I really couldn't have done it without her. She is mean green bean snapping machine!
I must, at this time, pay tribute to my dear father-in-law. He spent four decades working the soil here, turning it over by hand, composting and caring for it. I don't think we would have had so many beans and other good things, if it hadn't been for his years of hard work and good stewardship. My father-in-law is one of the most prudent and intelligent people I know. I mean it when I say, I am truly honored to be a part of this family.
And to all of you who are reading this and praying for us and encouraging us, I want to honor you as well. Be assured that God is hearing on our prayers and they are being answered even as I type this. Thank you.
God bless you,
Elizabeth


No comments: