Friday, June 13, 2008

Are you smarter than...?

My friends tell me that there is a show out there called "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?" While I have never watched the show, I can only imagine what happens.

Speaking of which, I am expecting family over today to get ready for my mom's "39th" birthday. Again. Anyhow, I decided a good cleaning of the coffee pot was in order. So, I took off the handle. I mean one little screw there, how hard can it be? When the screw finally let loose, there was this strange little "ping" sound. Ominous, almost. The handle came right off, as well as the decorative little metal band around the bottom. Thinking how clean my coffee pot will be, I went right to work scrubbing it. Got it clean, dry and now it is sitting on my counter waiting to be put back together. Because I can't. Not that I won't. No, I truly can't. No matter how many ways I turn the crazy thing, I cannot figure out how to put it back together.

So, the question of the day, am I smarter than the coffee pot? Apparently not....

Elizabeth

No comments: