Thursday, June 19, 2008

Yes, Sir! That's My Baby!







Evie's 5th birthday was so much fun! It's a rite of passage, you know. She's ready to start school, ready to learn to read, why, she can even butter her own bread now! (Or, so she says!)
Having my youngest be such a lady now is hard! It wasn't too long ago that I was the mother of "all those little girls". Now, I am the mother of one little girl and five young women. Time flies.
I don't even know where all that time has gone. Maybe in the living, washing, feeding and caring. Maybe in the hours of "no sleep for momma". I don't know. I do know that my encouragement to other young momma's out there is to not wish them all grown up too quickly. Very soon they are. Then, you will sit and ponder about all that time you wish you could re-live.
By the way, Evie may be five, but she's "not too old for momma to still hold me!"
Aahh, how sweet that sounds.
Elizabeth

No comments: