Monday, June 23, 2008

Tightwad Tip

Okay, call me crazy. My kids did. Anyhow, at my youngun's birthday party this weekend, people with more money than me bought her gifts and put them into adorable, reusable gift bags. Not only that, they bought the tissue paper to match! Now, in the past, I have saved said tissue paper to reuse with the gift bag but have tended to be slightly annoyed at its "less than new" look. Today, I was contemplating that as I was carefully folding all that tissue paper into neat little squares when it occurred to me that I could possibly iron the tissue paper. I used low heat and no steam (for obvious reasons) and voila! Nearly new looking tissue paper.





I will warn you that people will think you are crazy. It is probably one of those things you should do in secret. I only say that because my daughters, who are young tightwads in training, came down this morning and looked at me as if they were slightly concerned about my mental health.





I will even admit that there are a few who are a little more than concerned, but that's another post. Suffice it to say, I was quite pleased with the outcome. I don't recommend that you devote an entire morning to ironing tissue paper, but it's a good idea in a pinch, don't you agree?










As promised, here are a few photos from our fun weekend.









The Whole Crew


Our Oldest Son and Our Oldest Daughter



Aren't they sweet? The gift was an UNO game.



A Lady Bug Party deserves a Lady Bug Cake!


And by the way, for all of you who got a certain email stating that "momma hasn't put my picture on the website yet", HERE SHE IS:


Isn't she great? And she SO enjoys having her picture taken, too.

Well, hope you enjoyed your weekend.
Elizabeth









No comments: